The Three Major types of Community Interactions Essay
Lesson 8 Review Questions
the three major types of community interactions Directions: Answer each of the following questions.
1. List the three major types of community interactions.
2. Describe the relationship between a predator population and the population of its prey.The Three Major types of Community Interactions Essay
3. What is a keystone species? Give an example.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM- FREE PAPER NOW
4. Define mutualism and commensalism.
5. What is a climax community?
6. Summarize how ideas about ecological succession and climax communities have changed.
7. What is population density?
8. Define immigration and emigration.
9. What is migration? Give an example.
10. Write the formula for the population growth rate. Identify all the variables.
11. State why dispersal of offspring away from their parents might be beneficial.The Three Major types of Community Interactions Essay
12. Describe exponential population growth.
13. What are K-selected and r-selected species?
14. How did the invention of agriculture affect human birth and death rates? How did it affect human population growth?
15. Outline the four stages of the demographic transition as it occurred in Europe and North America.
16. State two reasons why death rates fell in Europe and North America, starting in the 1700s.
17. Why did birth rates fall in Europe and North America during the demographic transition?
18. Why was a fifth stage added to the demographic transition model? Describe a population at this stage.The Three Major types of Community Interactions Essay
19. What is biodiversity?
20. List three economic benefits of biodiversity.
21. Identify ecosystem services of biodiversity.
22. How is human overpopulation related to the sixth mass extinction?
23. Define natural resource.
24. Distinguish between renewable and nonrenewable resources and give examples.
25. Summarize the environmental effects of burning fossil fuels.
the three major types of community interactions Essay submission:
Select one (1) Biology topic from this lesson, and submit a 3-5 paragraph essay about the topic. Present the answer in complete sentences with supporting information from the Lesson. Do not copy and paste from the Lessons or Internet resources, but answer in your own words to demonstrate understanding of the material. Remember to cite your sources! The Three Major types of Community Interactions Essay