CMBK108-Baking and Pastry Menu Plan
Based on So Good magazine article featuring Chef Eunji Lee https://www.sogoodmagazine.com/pastry-blog/from-chef-to-chef/eunji-lee-want-be-good-leader-notjust-good-pastry-chef/
Read the article from So Good magazine featuring Pastry Chef, Eunji Lee. Based on your own reflections and understanding of the article, in PAIRS, write a 1-2 page report and submit it in the drop box by the end of class.
Questions To Answer:
1. How does Pastry Chef Lee collaborate with the Executive Chef Kim when creating a dessert menu? How can those culinary influences be applied when creating desserts?
2. According to the article, what are some factors that influence what Chef Lee creates for her dessert menu?
3. Give examples of Chef Lee’s creations that are influenced by seasonal ingredients. Be specific by naming the dessert including some main ingredients and flavours. (More research may be required simply by looking up her recipes or IG feed for photos and descriptions.)
4. Explain how Chef uses her traditional cultural background and knowledge and finds ways to serve desserts in a modern way.
5. Chef Lee said “inspiration comes from everywhere…from savory dishes, restaurants, cultures, photos, magazines, supermarkets.” Can you give an example of how you find inspiration from the things around you? Be specific. Visual references can be included in your report to create a visual storyboard. (Ex: metallics and geo-coloured and textured decor and fashion trends translated to create the geo-cake look.)